1. Your story should be geared towards kids ages 12 or under.
2. Choose a gif to inspire your story.
3. All gifs should be child appropriate and in no way be derogatory towards any faith, race, etc.
4. Now for the dreaded word count! You have 150 words. That’s it! No more but less is always welcome.
5. Your title is not included in the word count.
6. No illustration notes pretty please.
7. Your gif should be the only visual with your story.
8. The Spring Fling contest officially begins on Friday, April 1st.
9. From April 1st to April 3rd, post your gif and story on your blog. (If you have one.)
10. Then, add the link to your blog to the form on the Entries page of Ciara's blog*
11. Deadline for posting your story or the link to your story is Sunday April 3rd, 2022 at 11:59pm CST.
12. Only one entry per contestant is permitted.
GIF by supersimple.com
Springtime clouds shoved gloomy clouds. Sunshine poked between them.
“Mom! The rain stopped!”
Silvie smiled. “I’m going puddle-muddling.”
Splish! Splash! Sploosh all the way to the overflowing pond, Silvie squished mud between her toes.
Something tickle-tickled . . .
Silvie sloshed to a halt.
In the muddy water, she spied teeny tadpoles.
“Oh no!” squealed Silvie.
She slipped and slid to the tool shed, grabbing her bucket and shovel.
She filled her bucket with water and scooped tiny tadpoles.
“You’re safe with me now,” said Silvie. “I’ll patch up your pond.”
Silvie gathered rocks and dirt . . .
piling, packing until water stopped gushing.
She tipped her bucket.
Dash! Dart! Dive!
Out rushed teeny tadpoles.
Over the next fourteen weeks, Silvie fed her teeny tadpoles bits of boiled cabbage,
spinach, and broccoli until--
wiggle—back legs pushed,
squiggle—front legs stretched,
wriggle . . . Ribbit! Ribbit! Ribbit!